isolecta Click here to return to product shop.
Isolecta Insulation Board.
This Isolecta Insulation board is a lightweight insulated tile backing board, with double-sided glass-fiber-reinforced cement layer. It provides an excellent sub-floor for use with Raychem T2 QuickNet heating mat, T2 Blue 10W/m or CeraPro heating cables.
Supplied in a pack of 4 plates (2.85m2) – 1800 x 600 x 10mm.
Self-adhesive tape, 25m x 125mm for covering the joints.
Galvanized fixing nails (35 pcs/box).
Galvanized washer + screws (35 pcs/box).
20 Plastic cable spacer: length: 400mm, grid: 25mm, 20pc/bag.
100 Plastic cable spacer: Length: 400mm, grid: 25mm: 100 pc/bag.
- Energy savings of approximately 20%.
- Vapour barrier provides an excellent resistance to moisture.
- High level of thermal insulation.
- Ideal subsurface for thin bed tiling and underfloor heating systems.
- Compatible with most proprietary tile adhesives and filler material.
- Living rooms.
- Dining rooms.
- Children’s rooms.
- Home offices.
- Natural stone.
- Cement screed.
- Anhydrite screed.
- Wooden sub-floor.
- Timber floor board
Energy savings and a fast heat-up.
- The heat-up time for T2QuickNet, T2Blue, and CeraPro is three times faster in combination with Isolecta. This results in energy savings of up to 65% during the heat-up phase.
- Approximately 20% of extra energy savings during operation due to reduced downward heat loss.
- The ideal substrate for tiling due to the double sided cement layer with integrated glass fiber mesh.
General requirement for sub floor
• The sub floor must be stable, rigid and dry.
• The subfloor should be clean and free of debris.
• Unevenness (>2 mm/m) of the subfloor needs to be levelled with a filler material. It should not bridge movement joints.
Requirements for cement based sub floor or concrete.
• In the case of a new concrete or screed sub floor, adequate time must be allowed for curing and drying to avoid shrinkage.
Requirements for wooden sub floor.
• The wooden subfloor must be dry, free from impurities and from parasitic infestation.